Monday, February 1, 2010

Tired = Not too happy.

Happy Monday! I will not be doing a Not Me Monday, because quite frankly the only thing that can come to this sleepy head is about my child waking up a little earlier every single day... Today, 4:30am took the prize! Yawn.

The Crayon Wrangler posted about ten things that make her happy. I will take a break from nagging (finally! Says the husband!) and look on the bright side, for once!

1. When the Bug goes down for his nap or bed time without a fight! Today, nap was a success. Forget the fact that he was up at 4:30.

2. Pay day! Not that I love money, but man! I love money. Money = Target.

3. Cuddling on the couch with the pook while he drinks his milk! Nothing is better than feeling a little (well, not really in his case) head on your shoulder.

4. Good hair days. These are far and few between. If my hair is not up in a messy mess on top of my head, then it's a good day!

5. Grocery shopping alone. Not to be confused with grocery shopping accompanied by a two year old.

6. Coming downstairs and finding that the evening fairy has come to clean up.

7. Goes along with #6. When someone other than myself unloads the dishwasher! This is my least favorite chore. I guess it beats washing the dishes myself tho...

8. When someone saves me the last chocolate chip cookie.

9. An empty laundry hamper. I can't even remember the last time this happened.

10. Date night alone sans children. This is new to me. We went the first two years of his life going out once a year (anniversary) by ourselves. We took our first weekend away at a marriage retreat last weekend while C went to Grandma Jones's house! We all survived. And now know that dinner without a two year old is a whole notha' world!

1 comment:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I cannot believe you went without a date night more then once a year for two years! Here is to seeing the light!

...and I love when husband cleans up, changes laundry, does dishes... it really means something!

I sure hope that you get some sleep-- I know how you feel we went through it with Sam.