Thursday, February 11, 2010

I would love to help you look!

I am married to a man who loses everything. Mainly keys, cell phones, leave packets, shoes, coffee mugs....

I swear. And once he notices it is missing, he gets super stressed out. Like, frantically tearing running around the house.

And the thing is... 9 times out of 10, I find what he can't. And I think he is starting to count on me to find it.

Last nights scenario...
We had a late appointment across town to get our taxes done. We rushed home to get C in bed, which we managed to do before 9pm.
Husband comes downstairs after checking on him one last time, and asks if I have seen his cell phone.

Why no, I haven't.
Maybe you should check the dirty clothes hamper where you took off your ACUs... Did you look in the car, maybe it fell out of your pocket? Have you tried calling it? Maybe you accidently put it with the toys when you so lovingly picked up? Are you sure you brought it home from work? Retrace your steps...


Looking, looking... Still nothing.

H: "I just know it fell out of my pocket in the parking lot. I just know it."

So as I am still looking around, he decides to drive the 20 minutes back to the tax office. I take a break and unpause the end of The Biggest Loser..
Then, I decide to look just one more place... you know, maybe he accidentally put it away with the toys when he cleaned up?

And alas... There it was.
On TOP of the toy box.
You know, the second place that I suggested he look.

You're welcome!
Sigh.. He completes me, and I him.

6 comments:

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I think this is a man thing. It happens at our house all the time! The last thing I always ask him before he leaves is you have your wallet? and your phone?

He will CALL me at work to ask me where his wallet could be.

Unknown said...

Story of my life! It's amazing how when you move things or retrace steps you can find things.

Karen said...

ummm, remember his hair color?
We love you SIL

Sonora said...

Hahaha! I have to admit, at our house, it is the other way around. I can never remember where my keys or cell phone is. He even bought me a wallet I could clip to my pants. That has helped a lot!

Staci A said...

Your hubby sounds a lot like mine! He will call me at work to ask me where to find something-from keys to shoes. Some days I think he'd be lost without me!

Vi said...

My hubby also expects me to find his lost items. Sometimes I wonder what he was thinking at the time. I have found the keys in the freezer, military id in the medicine cabinet, cell in front yard, and so much more.