Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Must be the weather.

Nothing good going on here today... I am home with a very sick, sleepy baby. He is on his second nap of the day, which makes sense after being up all night.

We went to the doctor this morning to take care of what I thought was an ear infection. Turns out, his ears have been "sucked in" since he doesn't know how to blow his nose, and just sucks the snot up into his head instead. Pleasant, right? Now, we are just busy yawning and chewing loads of bubble gum to try and un-pop them.

Hopeful for a good nights sleep tonight, but I'm not going to count on it after how the last three nights have gone.

I am sure this will become habit even after he starts to feel better. How do you break a two year old of waking up in the middle of the night? Ignore him? Wait for two hours while he tries to fall asleep?

Really thankful for coffee today :D

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH NO! Its no fun when our babies are sick. Hope you have a good...better night... and your little guys feels better soon.

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

oh no! I am sorry... sick babies are not fun! I hope that he gets to feeling better and you get to sleep more soon!

I wish I had some words of wisdom for you, but Sam's lack of sleeping was all due to his ear infections!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Oh! I hope he slept better last night...and you too. THANKS for visiting my blog. Makes my day!

Kathryn said...

"Good tips! I have found the best ways I met people were online groups and playgroups!
P.S. I'm not gonna lie... child birth hurt, I mean think of what your body has to do! But, it obviously isn't that bad or people would only have one baby!! Any imagine back in the day when there were no drugs or anything to help? :) I never forgot the pain, but I would do it 100 times over again just to have my little guy!"

Thanks for commenting! Yeah I have met soo many people through online groups, it's great! :)
haha very true about the baby. I am scared, but I am sure it will be fine, we were meant to have babies anyways!