Monday, March 1, 2010

Not My Child! Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.


It was not my child who got a little sick this last week and threw up all over the (new car smell) seat of the car. I did not pull him out and let him continue to throw up all over the parking lot of my very favorite kid's consignment store. I did not consider running in the store and ask for some paper towels or a plastic bag or something, and instead put C back in the car and drive away.. I did not leave a big mess.

It is not my child who has continued to wake up numerous times in the middle of the night. He does not come into my room to get me, and I do not run downstairs to get him milk and sit with him until he falls asleep. This is not getting more and more frequent every night, and I am not starting any bad habits. I do not think it is easier to just put him back to sleep, rather than fight him. I am not counting down the hours until Daddy comes home from the field.

It was not my child who, while finger painting, had to wash his hands every couple of minutes because he was grossed out. He is not related to my brother or my sister.

What have you not done this week?

10 comments:

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

oh goodness! I am sorry you guys had the stomach flu invade your house..I hope everyone is on the mend! I totally would have left the mess too!

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

I found out Saturday morning (for the first time of course) that chocolate in the morning is okay! HA!

Hey, you should go into your profile and add your email. Then when you comment the blogger can hit reply in their email and email you right back. Makes commenting a whole lot of fun. If you are confused at what I am suggesting email me! If you get your comments emailed to you hit reply and you can see how it works with mine. Happy Tuesday....and this is only a suggestion..I just figured it out recently and LOVE it!

Co Captain aka Mommy said...

I have NEVER left a puke mess either in a parking lot!! Stomach bugs suck!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I have NEVER let my potty training son son pee in a parking lot :)

I hope that he feels better soon! And DOES get back into a sleep routine for you! That is NOT fun (and I mean that one!)

Cathy said...

5 kids... we leave lots of puke lots of places... never thought of it as a blog topic until now, but it makes a hilarious one!!!!

Your little guy is adorable too! Little boys ROCK!!

said...

Cute story, all things considered : )

Anonymous said...

sounds like an adventure in the parking lot. hope everyone is well. have a good monday.

Karen said...

belle, you're learning so much, it's hard to sit by and watch and give you the only advice I know, which isn't much in these situations. Hang in there love..mom

We 2 Bees said...

Oh sick children are the worst and out in public! Man!
Hope you have a much better week!

Thanks for coming by my blog and commenting! Always great to meet new people!

FrouFrouBritches said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I've been snooping and your blog is very entertaining. I will be stopping by often.

Don't worry about leaving the mess in the parking lot. God's cleaning crew will take care of it! We've all done it!