Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Thankful on Tuesday

Week is almost half over.... Daddy is almost home from the field.. Mommy is so looking forward to that... Today's weather was nice enough to go to the park. Yippee!!!!

Ten things I'm thankful for- starting with the letter G.

#1. Grace- how awesome that we serve a God who has such great mercy on us??

#2. Google. My most used search engine, plenty o' times a day.

#3. Grammer class-"Let's eat Grandma" vs. "Let's eat, Grandma". Punctuation saves lives (love this).

#4.  Gynecologist- ok, ok... but think about this one- what if we didn't have this specialty and we really needed to see one??

#5. Good friends- how about best friends?

#6. Garlic- the smell will always bring my back to my Grandpa's cooking.

#7. Grills- as in BBQ (although for thee mouth is quite neat too, haha!). Can't wait for summer BBQs!!!

#8. Green chili- Not many people have heard of this. You are missing out BIG time. Slow roasted.... mmmm.. I have been craving this like no other lately (and can't seem to find any in this town, going to make my own this weekend). My "Weenie's", Moms, Uncle Jim's, husbands and Uncle Victor's are my absolute favorite....

#9. Grandpas.. I seriously cannot imagine what my life would be like without them. My Grandpa Chuck lost his battle to cancer and I can't wait to see him in heaven again. My Grandpa Lloyd is 86 and one amazing man- still hunts, golfs, he seriously does it all. My "Pompa" has a huge heart and adores his Great-grandchildren and can have a conversation with my husband for hours telling stories of his life in the military.

#10. Grandmothers- very most important. I have been blessed to know all 3 of my Grandmas and until recently, grew up with all 3. Cayden adores both of his Grandma's so much and even has three-great Grandmother's that love on him!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cayden is so fortunate to have so many grandparents!!! He's probably too young to realize that! I hope he gets to spend lots of time with each of them.

For the Love of Naps - Sarah said...

Hey, I think it was on Monday that I had a whole email conversation with you ...but now I realize that I don't think it was you at all. Did we chat about adding an email to your profile so that when you leave a comment the blogger can reply and respond....can you email me so I can not lay awake wondering who the heck I talked to on Monday...because I thought it was you but when I went to reply tonight it didn't work again. I really appreciate your comments! Thanks for stopping by!

Vi said...

Yesterday was a beautiful day! It will be nice to have the guys back from the field. I am one of the lucky ones that gets my husband home at night because there are so many guys out there. It's almost done. Keep your head up!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

What a lucky boy to have so many grandmas!