Saturday, December 18, 2010

My sunshine

I took Cayden to the Ymca to swim yesterday and let me just say, if I could bottle those giggles up to listen to whenever I please, I am positive I would have a long and happy life.
He is three now, and I have decided that three is more work than two. He has now decided that he likes the word NO (took three years, I guess I shouldn't complain too much), must snap his own car seat every single time, must pour his own cereal in the morning regardless if he eats it or not, doesn't enjoy washing his hands after he uses the bathroom, and hates to help me pick up toys. Truth is, his little personality pops out a little more every single day and I would not trade this stage for anything. He is a character! He thinks "toots" are hysterical. He loves building with Legos and I adore listening to him talk to them. He is obsessed with Toy Story and his Papa.
He breaks my heart every single day- I am not completely sure he understands why Daddy has been gone for so long. We talk about it a lot and although we are over the initial adjustment of that, he still asks if Daddy is on his way home yet. He thinks when he hears a car pull up that it's Daddy. He loves to talk to Daddy on the computer, and enjoys making lots and lots of plans for when "Daddy comes home".
I do know that even on the toughest of days, this little guy can light up my world.
Oh, Darlin' don't you ever grow up, ever grow up, just stay this little...

2 comments:

Our little family said...

Again you made me even more teary eyed!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

How difficult for you! Our child's sorrow feel worse then our own...

Three is by far and away worse then two!