Tuesday, July 20, 2010

July 20

Here is it.... July.  Something I will never understand is how on earth time passes so fast. I remember when I was little and Christmas day was over I would feel sick to my stomach because I'd have to wait a WHOLE 'nother year for it to come again. Now, it feels like you blink and another month has passed. Maybe it has to do with having  kids, maybe it's just part of getting older.

Update on the Jones'... I sit here with my two loves (C and Daddy) watching a movie.. staring at them as I treasure them cuddling on the couch while we have a "movie night".  Our time together for the year is coming to a close already... The countdown is on. When we found out DH was deploying, it felt like it was forever away. Now, it's so close I can literally reach out and touch it. I hope that I can use this blog to get my feelings out. Perhaps somewhat of a journal. Much easier to cry it out in the shower than vocalize it, maybe writing will help too.

We are finally settled in our new home. A little bit further from Target and Starbucks now, but in a very quiet neighborhood and finally meeting some new neighbors. It is a much different feeling with owning a home versus renting. I will be happy when they finally get our old townhouse rented out and we get our security deposit back.

Cayden is changing more and more every day. He is completely over the little froggy potty that sits on the floor and has moved onto standing up to pee on the big potty! That means NO more sanitizing the kiddie potty every time he makes a stinky.... Yippee for Mommy (and Daddy.. sometimes:o) ). He understands that there is a baby in my tummy, he likes to point out how "huge" my tummy is (and big butt.. no joke). I am sure he still doesn't really get that there will be a baby soon, but  still praying for an easy adjustment for him.

I am officially 7 months this Thursday and still feeling pretty good. The normal uncomfortableness, but really I have no real complaints! Baby looks good. We are going to do another 4D ultrasound this weekend so Daddy can see him before he goes and very much looking forward to that! We have not shared Baby's name although Cayden has blabbed it with Papa and Auntie and Gamma.. Now, he tells everyone his name is "Baby Doo Doo". That's my boy!

All the rambling for the night.. Thought a quick update was in order before I attempt to jump back in the blogging world.... Hope to be here to stay, soon!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe time passes faster when you have kids. Or at least you notice how fast it is then because you see the constant changes in them.

Anyway, glad all is well there. I can't imagine having to prepare for deployment and a new baby all at one time! Yikes!

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

I have not been over here for a while... was wondering how things were going-- glad to hear that your pregnancy has progressed nicely and that you are moved-- wow! Big changes!